Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Just started learning Ruby...

I'm starting to learn Ruby.

A nice start point is the Why's (Poignant) Guide to Ruby. Although to really enjoy this guide you have to take some time to read all the sections! It is really a different way to introduce a programming language.

Another useful resource is the Ruby Programming Wikibook.

For future posts I'll try to post more about experiences with Ruby.


Daniel Spiewak said...

I'm curious as to what you think of some of the meta-programming capabilities of Ruby, given your experience with other languages.

Luis Diego Fallas said...

I'm still reading about basic things, so I haven't got the chance to see more advanced features.

I think that features like class_eval / instance_eval look very interesting. I'm curious to see if there's some kind quotation mechanism to manipulate parts of a program that will be generated.